Retro–Pinhead was André Toulon's first ever living puppet.
During 1902, Toulon had learnt the secret of life from the sorcerer Afzel, but Toulon wasn't sure if the old man was mad or if he was telling the truth. That is until Toulon found one of his friends, a friendly Beggar man dead outside his theater from the coldness.
He bought the body inside and practiced the magic by putting the homeless man's soul into one of his puppets. It had worked and the puppet came to life, the puppet was scared and ran away to hide. When Sutekh's mummies arrived to steal the secret back from Toulon, Retro-Pinhead fought them using his fists and rope.
Many years later during the second World War, a German truck driver was executed in the gas chambers by Nazis for smuggling food to the Jewish ghettos. Toulon bought him back as a puppet with large hands and a small head called Pinhead, this puppet could have been a homage to his original puppet.
Retro–Pinhead has Chained Spike–Meteor Balls on his action figure along with a rope, but he only use a rope in the movie.
Differences from the other Pinhead
Seeing as he is an older puppet and among the first of Andre's Puppets, he (and the other Retros) bare some big differences between him and the other Pinhead we see in the rest of the movies.
- This Pinhead is not painted and the other pinhead was painted human skin color.
- He wears a brown sleeveless shirt and shorts and boots as the other one wears a Red sweater and pants and shoes.
- This Pinhead does not wears gloves and has big arms as the other one has fingerless gloves and bigger hands than the retro.
- His head seem to be a little big with not eyes as the other one has a tiny head with eyes.
- This Pinhead can open his mouth as the other one can not.