- 1 Nina Williams
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Story
- 1.2.1 Tekken 1
- 1.2.2 Tekken 2
- 1.2.3 Tekken: The Motion Picture
- 1.2.4 Tekken 3
- 1.2.5 Tekken Tag Tournament
- 1.2.6 Tekken 4
- 1.2.7 Death by Degrees
- 1.2.8 Tekken 5
- 1.2.9 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
- 1.2.10 Tekken 6
- 1.2.11 Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
- 1.2.12 Tekken (2010 Film)
- 1.2.13 Tekken: Blood Vengeance
- 1.2.14 Street Fighter X Tekken
- 1.2.15 Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- 1.3 Character Relationships
- 1.4 References
|Voiced By||Yumi Toma (T1, T2, T3, & TTT)Lisle Wilkerson (T4, T5)Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (DbD, T6, & T6:BR)|
|Fighting Style||Koppo (Bone Martial Arts), Assassination techniques and Aikido|
22 (T2) 22 (phys)/41 (chron) (T3) 24 (phys)/43 (chron) (T4&T5/T5:DR) 25 (phys)/44 (chron) (T6)
|Blood Type||A (changed during Cryosleep)|
Jin Kazama's personal bodyguard (T6)
|Hobby||Traveling, retracing memories, and working for her bosses|
|Likes||Her father, Tom from "Tom and Jerry", milk tea, and scotch|
|Dislikes||Her Sister, Kazuya Mishima, Heihachi Mishima, and losing|
Nina Williams is a cold-blooded assassin/serial killer that made her first appearance in the original Tekken game and has appeared in every Tekken ever since. Nina has a lethal fighting style, consisting of throws, grapples, and holds. She has a rivalry with her younger sister, Anna Williams. During the end of Tekken 2, Nina and Anna undergo Cryogenic Sleep. They are experimented upon for 15 years (this is the reason why they both remain so young for many years of the tournaments). During those years of Cryogenic sleep, she was impregnated without her consent and subsequently gave birth to Steve Fox (who first appears in Tekken 4 and onward). Most importantly, Nina herself is also the older sister of Anna.
Nina also stars in her own action/strategy game, Death by Degrees. It was released in Japan in January 2005, North America in February 2005, and Europe in April 2005. The game received mixed reviews by critics, but found more acceptance among fans of the Tekken series.
Analysis of Nina
Nina persona seems to be cold and indifferent. In fact, she had been drugged by an underground force when she was young in order to create the perfect assassin/serial killer, regarding the chronology of Death by Degrees. Her bitterness/resentment towards men could be a result of her deflation after Tekken 2. The only man she had ever trusted was her father Richard, who had died shortly before the events of Tekken 2. Ironically, after her father's death, Nina was controlled by Ogre like a puppet, thus, she was unable to feel any emotion at all. Nina's personality remains monotonous yet sadistic/cruel when it comes to teasing Anna. Nina's win poses range from tomboyish and masculine to flirtatious, usually by placing a foot on top of the opponents body or showing off her body figure. Although she is an assassin, most of her missions are inclined for the good of the world, though she also assisted Jin when he started a world war.
Appearance and Outfits
Nina is notable for her long blonde hair and crystal-blue eyes. Her look contrasts from that of her sister, Anna, who is a brunette. Nina's signature color is purple, as she has at least one purple outfit per game. Her trademark costume is the "catsuit", as she has worn many different designs of catsuit in both Tekken and Death By Degrees, which are made of materials resembling spandex, PVC and leather. She wears her hair tied into a ponytail or a braid. Her skin is ivory-colored and she has an hourglass shape. Nina almost always wears lipstick, from violet (DbD) to red (T1, T2) to bronze (T3) to peach (TTT, T4, T5, T6).
- Nina and Anna Williams are the only females from the first two games left in the later games.
- Chronologically, Nina is the oldest playable female character in the Tekken series being 42 years old.
- Like Paul Phoenix, Yoshimitsu, and Heihachi Mishima, Nina has been playable in every Tekken game and is the only female character to have kept that record.
- Nina has a purple outfit for her player one in every game (except in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, where her outfit from Tekken 5 changes to white, but her secondary costume changes to purple instead).
- Nina is also an acronym for "No Irish Need Apply", a phrase that was sometimes found in employment ads, due to Anti-Irish sentiment. Ironically, Nina herself is Irish, but doesn't have an Irish accent at all.
- Nina and Anna are the only characters that have been put into cold sleep, most likely so they could appear in later games despite the large time gap.
- A 4-day gun battle occurred between Nina and Anna between Tekken 4 and Tekken 5.
- Her little sister Anna appears in all of Nina's endings, except for Tekken 4 since this is the only game where Anna was not featured in.
- Though Steve Fox is stated to be her son in Tekken 4, they have only interacted in that one game.
- Nina always wear heels with at least one of her outfits per game minus her bare feet in the original Tekken.
- Anna is Nina's stage 8 sub-boss.
- This is the only game where Nina fights barefoot (other than Tekken 6, where she can be customized to fight barefoot).
- Nina is Anna's stage 8 sub-boss.
- Nina's stage is Athens, Greece.
- Nina Williams' bosses in the Tekken Force side game are (in order of appearance): Jin Kazama, Anna Williams, and Heihachi Mishima.
- She can do King's moves if a glitch occurs ().
- If Nina slaps any female character, the opponent may retaliate with by slapping Nina (done by pressing 2 or 2,2. Technically speaking, this can loop forever, as Nina herself can also retaliate the slap, but only if both characters only slaps once per turn.
- The FMV intro shows Nina being awaken from the cryosleep.
- Nina's rivals are Anna Williams, Hwoarang, and Jin Kazama.
- Nina's Stage 7 boss is Anna Williams.
- If Nina and Anna are teamed up though, her boss is Kazuya Mishima while Anna's is Heihachi Mishima.
- If you pair Nina and Anna you will always find them arguing in the game.
- Nina is selectable after beating the game three times or as soon as you complete Story Mode with Steve Fox.
- Nina's ending is connected to Lei Wulong and Steve Fox's endings.
- During her ending, after Lei kicks in the door, the sniper rifle Nina was holding is no where to be seen and she now wields a handgun in stead, but in Lei's ending, the sniper rifle is leaning up against the wall.
- This is the only game where Nina is locked by default.
- The costume Nina wears in her ending is the same as her second costume, except it's dark blue instead of pink.
- Nina's sub-bosses are Raven and Anna Williams.
- One of Nina's moves, Sadistic Cupid (f,F+2), causes an opponent to use their K.O scream.
- Nina can be customized to look like an army girl (Color 1: Green, Color 2: Black, Color 3: black, Gauntlet, and Submachine Gun).
- If Nina performs certain moves on Bryan Fury, he will do a sadistic laugh. The moves are: Bad Habit (CH f,f+3) and Twisted Mind (d+3+4 opponent on floor).
- Nina gained a new win pose in which she turns over her opponent, who is lying on the floor, with her foot. Then when the camera focuses on her face, she grimaces.
- If Nina preforms Reverse Neck Breaker on her opponent, the last grunt of the opponent is the same grunt as in Nina's win animation when she treads on the opponents back.
- The music in her and Anna's endings feature the first few notes of Raphael Sorel's theme "Endless Warfare" from Soul Calibur III.
- Nina can be customized to have an item move: a scalpel, in which she uppercuts the opponent, similar to Bryan Fury's shotgun item.
- In the second Bloodline Rebellion trailer and the game opening, Nina is shown serving as one of Jin's bodyguards. She appears to be dressed in all black with a trenchcoat, gloves, sunglasses, and she also has her hair down for the first time in any game.
- Nina and Anna switch their special items from Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection. Anna has Nina's Giant Syringe in and Nina has Anna's Stethoscope.
- Nina is on the cover of the console version of Tekken 6 along with Kazuya Mishima, Jin Kazama, Heihachi Mishima, and King II.
- In the Bloodline Rebellion Gamescom trailer () and Anna's BR ending, there is a very brief clip of Nina behind Anna in clothes similar to her Death by Degrees cocktail dress outfit. The two weren't fighting, which is strange for the Williams sisters.
- In Jin Kazama's ending, Nina is seen falling motionless out of a helicopter and then Heihachi Mishima appears. A lot of speculation says that she has been killed by Heihachi, but others believe that she was just knocked out or that this ending is non-canon because Nina is alive and well in her own, Anna's, and Scenario Campaign's ending ]]
- Nina is quite an important character in Scenario Campaign, appearing with Jin in cutscenes and as a boss. In the end, along with Azazel, Jin is destroyed and falls down a large pit. Lars and Nina witness this, and at 05:23 Nina tells Lars that she knew about Jin's plot and states that Lars is no saint himself. Nina then leaves on a helicopter owned by the Mishima Zaibatsu. This maybe or not speculate that she is the new leader of the Mishima Zaibatsu. 
- Nina's opponents in the "Arena" mode are Lars Alexandersson, Anna Williams, Kazuya Mishima (instead of Jin Kazama who is usually fought), and Azazel.
- Nina (or a parody of Nina, as seen in Tekken 2) appears as an unnamed character in an unnamed arcade game in the 92nd episode of the anime, Eyeshield 21.
- Nina is played by Candice Hilebrand in the Tekken film.
Gallery - Outfit  Nina in Tekken. Nina Williams.====Version 1==== A silent assassin. She learned assassination techniques from her father and those of aikido for self protection from her mother, therefore she has an outstanding fighting sense. She was sent to assassinate Heihachi Mishima, the sponsor of the tournament, but her real intentions are not clear.
Nina acquired her unusual combination of skills from her parents. Her father, once an assassin for the IRA, left Ireland to escape his past. His marriage to a British Aikido champion created a bloodline that would spawn a child with incredible talent and a killer instinct. Nina was kidnapped by an underground force and drugged into believing that the Rave War sponsor must be assassinated. God help anyone who gets in her way.
Ending Animation "High Heels"
Anna opens a door. A few seconds later, there is a closeup of her feet. She is wearing a shoe on her right foot, but she doesn't have a shoe on her left foot. Anna points at her right foot, and then she looks at Nina. Nina shrugs. Anna walks up to Nina and starts shouting at her. Nina gives her a disgusted look and slaps her. Anna turns around, cries, and puts her hands over her face. A few seconds later, Nina holds up Anna's missing shoe, revealing that Nina had the shoe all along.
Gallery - Outfit  Tekken 2 Nina Williams (On Left.). Nina in Tekken 2.A master of Aikido and Koppo techniques, she is an assassin for the people of Ireland. Although Nina's mission is to assassinate Kazuya Mishima, her personal agenda is to finally settle the long battle with her sister, Anna.
Ending Animation "Cemetery"
Nina walks up to her father's grave and puts flowers on it. The camera zooms away from Nina for a second, and then the camera zooms in on Nina, meaning that someone is walking towards her. After a while, Nina turns around and pulls out a gun. Anna is shown as being the person that was behind her. She is holding flowers. Nina stares at her. Anna shakes her head. Nina turns her head and looks at her father's grave. Nina turns her head back towards Anna's direction. Nina decides to walk away from the place. Anna proceeds to visit her father's grave. Nina is shown smiling as the screen fades to white.
 Tekken: The Motion Picture Nina Williams.Nina Williams is featured in Tekken: The Motion Picture. She was hired by Lee Chaolan to assassinate Kazuya Mishima. She failed both times, as Kazuya managed to escape the first time and was saved by Jun Kazama the second time. During the Tournament, Nina is fighting Anna Williams, until Anna gets eaten. For a while, it's a mystery whether or not she survived but as the island starts to explode, we can see the other survivors, including an injured Nina.
Gallery - Outfit  Tekken 3 Nina Williams. Nina in Tekken 3.====Version 1==== After failing to assassinate Kazuya Mishima in the last Tournament, Nina was forced to become a test subject for cryogenic research. Reawakened by Ogre's powers, she is determined to eliminate Jin Kazama.
In the last tournament Nina was ordered to assassinate Kazuya, but an untimely quarrel with her sister, Anna, prevented it. Shortly thereafter, both sisters were captured by Kazuya's corps and were used as guinea pigs in Boskonovitch's Cold Sleep #2 experiment. They did not wake up for 15 years. Heihachi's private corps, the Tekken Forces, went to the burial site and excavated Ogre. This unearthing unleashed its spirit, which awakened Nina's resting soul. Now controlled by Ogre, Nina acts robotically, with the command to assassinate Jin Kazama.
Ending Animation "War Between Sisters"
Nina is laying down in some kind of machine as work goes underway to restore her memories. The scene changes, and Anna and Nina walk into a small cemetery where snow has fallen. Anna, who is holding flowers, leads Nina to a grave (which is probably the grave of Richard Williams) and places the flowers by that grave. There is flash and Nina begins groaning in pain. Anna goes to see what is wrong, but Nina slaps Anna in the face so hard that she falls to the ground. Nina furiously walks away, leaving Anna on the ground, smiling.
Gallery - Outfit  Tekken Tag Tournament Nina Williams. Nina in Tekken Tag Tournament.Nina was featured as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament. Tekken Tag Tournament is a non-canonical Tekken game.
Nina and Anna are having a conversation. Nina is on the player's left side, and Anna is on the player's right side. Suddenly, Nina holds out one of her arms, asking for a handshake. Anna sighs and reluctantly grabs Nina's hand. Instead of them shaking hands, Nina twists Anna's arm. Anna is shown screaming in pain for a few seconds. Nina is shown grinning as this ending animation ends. This ending takes place in Nina's first Tekken Tag Tournament stage, which is called "Nina-A".
Gallery - Outfit  Tekken 4 Nina Williams. Nina in Tekken 4.After the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2, the Mishima Zaibatsu used Nina as an experimental test subject for cryogenics research. Fifteen years later, Nina was released from cryosleep and appeared in the third Tournament. She fought through the Tournament while suffering from cryosleep-induced amnesia.
Since then, Nina disappeared from the reaches of the Mishima Zaibatsu and spent her days carrying out missions as a contract assassin. To this day, she has been unable to regain memories of Anna or her personal life.
As a woman without memories or close relations, the only person Nina could count on was herself. Carrying out her hits for profit was the only reality she could rely on.
One day, Nina received a new contract from a Mafia organization. The target of the contract was Steve Fox, a boxing world champion. With a little research, Nina discovered that Fox was a participant in the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4. Nina set her sights on completing her new mission and infiltrated the Tournament.
Ending Animation "Fin"
After the Tournament, Nina pursued her target, Steve Fox, to his hotel in order to complete her objective.
While preparing for the hit, Nina received additional information on the target from the Syndicate...
End of the text
The Syndicate's additional information revealed that Nina was in fact Steve Fox's mother, who was created through in-vitro fertilization without Nina's knowledge. Nina is ready to assassinate Steve (via sniper rifle), but finds it very difficult for her to pull the trigger as she feels guilty of murdering her only child. Lei Wulong busts open her door, yelling "Freeze!" Nina does not adhere and fires two shots at Lei (which he dodges). She quickly escapes through the window and runs across the street to where Steve is. The two share a moment together, until it is interrupted by Lei. Lei fires two shots at Nina, but Steve protects her by knocking her over. Nina gets up and runs, thanking Steve for his help, but is still pursued by Lei as Steve watches.
Death by Degrees
In Death by Degrees, Nina is assigned a mission that is a joint operation between the CIA and MI6. The team that she's with consists of two "sneakers" (John Doe and Alan Smithee) and one "sweeper" (Nina). They are supposed to infiltrate the Amphitrite, a Glafeera corporation cruise ship. Then, they are supposed to execute a video recon of a meeting held by high-ranking members of a certain organization. Nina is assigned to enter the fighting tournament that is being held onboard the ship, and then she is supposed to hide herself and await further orders. Upon mission completion, they are supposed to rendezvous and make their exit.
The game provided an alternate backstory for Nina and Anna Williams with a flashback, suggesting that their father died when they were children protecting them. Richard Williams had struggled with some guards, and shouted for Nina to pick up a gun one of them had dropped. However, her hesitation and fear caused the guards to get the upper hand and shoot Richard. Anna is shown comforting Nina moments later, while Nina looks over the scene. Presumably, Nina and Anna's rivalry stems from this event.
This rivalry crosses over to the real-time events of the game, when Nina is sent to investigate a mysterious group. At an Island prison, she fails to interrogate her target when she is knocked out by Anna, who is working on behalf of the Mishima clan with the Tekken Force as bodyguards, as she owes Heihachi for her sister's operation. At the end of the game, Anna is the final boss Nina must face.
The Syndicate told Nina that Steve Fox was her son, but she felt nothing
Instead she decided to meet her sister Anna to uncover her past, but soon Nina's memories rushed back to her.
In the end they decide to set a rivalry in the King Of Iron Fist Tournament 5.
Stage 4: Raven
Nina and Raven introduce themselves to each other and have a fight. After Nina wins, she stands over Raven's unconscious body repeating the words: " I told you. No one that finds out my name and lives. No one."
Stage 7: Anna Williams
Nina and Anna meet each other and fight. Nina wins but refuses to kill Anna, since she wasn't at all satisfied. Anna gets infuriated by this, causing Nina to laugh saying how "that look is priceless".
Final Stage: Jinpachi Mishima
Nina walks through Final Stage 2. Jinpachi (in human form) walks up behind her and says, "I'm impressed that you've made it this far. I am Jinpachi Mishima. My goal... My goal is to destroy all existence!" Shortly after Jinpachi starts to speak, Nina turns around and notices him. After he finishes speaking, Jinpachi transforms into his "Devil" form.
After being inspired by their sibling battle, a movie director insists on starring them in an upcoming film.
End of the text.
Nina and Anna are shown fighting with swords on a castle's rooftop. In the end, Anna is victorious, and Nina falls to the ground. The director yells "Cut!", and then people congratulate and applaud Anna. Nina walks away from the scene while they do this. As she walks away from the castle, Nina presses a button on a remote control in her hand, and the castle set behind her explodes. Then, Nina is shown smiling.
|Come on baby, show me what you've got.||I don't play with amateurs.|
|Time to die.||It was nothing... good bye.|
|_||Finished already? Please.|
|_||You must be joking.|
|_||What a nuisance.|
|_||Isn't it past your bedtime?|
Gallery - Outfit  Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Nina Williams. Nina in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.Nina Williams' storyline is unchanged between Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
Gallery - Outfit  Nina Williams (on the left side) fighting Lili (on the right side) in Tekken 6. Nina in Tekken 6.At the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 5, Nina Williams has finally settled the score by defeating her younger sister, Anna Williams.
Shortly after her mission was complete, Jin Kazama recruited Nina to be his bodyguard and assist his Tekken Force in taking over the world. With strong tension between the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation, the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 6 was announced.
In order to remove any threats to the life of Jin Kazama, Nina enters the tournament.
Nina is in a bathroom located inside a fancy hotel. She is applying her lipstick when all of a sudden, Anna bursts in. She attempts to kick Nina, but Nina dodges resulting in Anna accidentally breaking the mirror into pieces. A fight between them is heard, but unseen and the force of the blows are enough to shatter another mirror just outside the bathroom. After a while, Nina emerges from the bathroom as we see that she has rendered her sister unconscious and has used her lipstick to graffiti over Anna's face.
Gallery - Outfit Nina appears in the Tekken Movie working along with her sister as assassins who were both hired by Kazuya. After Christie found out Nina was an assassin, she defeated Nina in a Tekken tournament.  Candice Hillbrand as Nina Williams and Marian Zapico as Anna Williams. Nina (Left) and Anna (Right).
Gallery - Outfit  Nina Williams in Street Fighter X Tekken.Nina and Kazuya.Nina vs Ryu.Nina will be featured as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken, an upcoming crossover game between the Tekken and Street Fighter franchises.
- Eldest daughter of Richard Williams and Mrs. Williams.
- Older sister and rival of Anna Williams, whom she defeated in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5
- Mother of Steve Fox, whom she was sent to assassinate in Tekken 4.
- Sent to assassinate/kill Heihachi Mishima in the first Tekken.
- Sent to assassinate/kill Kazuya Mishima in Tekken 2.
- Sent to assassinate/kill Jin Kazama in Tekken 3 whilst controlled by Ogre. As of Tekken 6, she serves Jin as his personal bodyguard and assists the Tekken Force. Jin trusted her to the point of explaining the reasons of the global conflict he started and his plan to kill Azazel
- Works along sides with Eddy Gordo in the Tekken Force in Tekken 6.
- Was employed by Lee Chaolan to assassinate Kazuya Mishima in Tekken: The Motion Picture.
- Trying to evade capture by Lei Wulong, a Hong Kong police officer.
- Was a test-subject of Doctor Boskonovitch in his Cold Sleep research.
- Tekken 2 Manual