|This article is a stub. You can help Fictional Characters Wiki by|
Marinette Dupain-Cheng, known as Ladybug is the main protagonist of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir.
She is depicted as a French-Chinese teenage student who aspires to become a fashion designer and whose parents own a bakery. After she passes the test of Master Fu, the keeper of the magic objects named Miraculouses, by helping him, Marinette is picked as a future superhero alongside Cat Noir.
Unknown to Marinette, Cat Noir's civilian identity is Adrien Agreste, whom she has a crush on.
As a result, she is given a pair of earrings known as the Ladybug Miraculous, which when worn grant Marinette the ability to transform into Ladybug, her superhero alias.
As the holder of a Miraculous, Marinette is assisted by a small red creature resembling a ladybug called Tikki, who is a magical being known as a Kwami. As Ladybug, Marinette's signature ability is creation.
- Magic materialization: her special power, Lucky Charm, allows her to create an object that assists her in her mission.
- De-evilization: she opens up her yo-yo, captures the akuma inside and catches it in her hand, purifying the akuma into a normal butterfly before releasing it.
- Restoration: her secondary power, Miraculous Ladybug, can magically repair all the damage caused by the power of the cat, butterfly or peacock miraculous.
- Aquatic respiration: she is able "to breathe normally underwater".
- Enhanced swimming speed: thanks to the fins on her suit, she can swim much faster than normal.
As Lady Ice
- Freezing immunity: her ice suit allows her to resist extremely cold temperatures.
- Enhanced ice skating: her ice skating is also enhanced to the point she can skate off wall surfaces and do upside-down flips.
As Cosmo Bug
- Flight: she has a jetpack on her back which allows her to fly.
- Space breathing: she is also able to breathe in space.
As Lady Noir
- Destruction: Lady Noir's special power, Cataclysm, allows her to inflict damage or to easily destroy anything she touches. She also utilizes this ability as Multinoir.
- Night vision: it is also assumed that Lady Noir has the same ability as Cat Noir, being able to see in the dark.
- Shrinking replication: Multimouse's special power, Multitude, allows her to make smaller versions of herself by using her jump rope to summon her superpower. She also becomes as small as her copies.
- Hallucikinesis: one of Multimouse's copies wore the fox miraculous to transform into a mouse and fox-themed superhero. Multifox's special power, Mirage, allows her to create a realistic-looking illusion by playing a song on her flute.
- Elemental mimicry: with the dragon miraculous, she had the ability to turn into wind, water or lightning. Instead, she uses her power a little differently.
- Hydrokinesis: one of her special power's transformations, Water Dragon, allowed her to combine it with her yo-yo and create a water barrier that forced away Miracle Queen and her wasps. She was also able to make openings in the barrier and take it down by will. The only thing that disabled it by force was King Monkey's Uproar on her yo-yo until Snake Noir used his Second Chance to reverse it.
As a civilian
- Levitation: after eating one of Hot Dog Dan's "magic hot dogs", she briefly became weightless and danced with Adrien in mid-air.
- Baking: growing up in a bakery, Marinette has been taught how to bake macaroons by her parents.
- Fashion design: she created a derby hat and signed in a way that tricked Chloe when she tried to steal her design.
- Flute playing: as Multifox, she can play the flute to summon her power.
Marinette is a student a College François Dupoir. She is also the main superheroine of Paris.
- She is almost akumatized by Hawk Moth in "Zombizou", "Chameleon" and "Cat Blanc". She fell under Scarlet Moth's control and almost became Princess Justice, but did not get transformed due to the sickness of Nathalie Sancoeur.