Professor Ludwig Von Drake is an anthropomorphic duck created by Walt Disney. The paternal uncle of Donald Duck (Tony Anselmo), he is portrayed as a brilliant, yet eccentric lecturer and scientist, who frequently displays his vast array of "expert" knowledge on a variety of subjects. He was originally voiced by the late Paul Frees but now is currently voiced by Corey Burton who also voices Dale, Spike Witwicky, Sunstreaker, Brawn, etc.
In spite of being a world-renowned scientist, psychiatrist, and lecturer, Ludwig is incredibly wacky, somewhat bumbling and, as he puts it, "Kooky!". He is known for being extremely intelligent and more than likely to know nearly everything about a certain topic ranging from science to music. During many of his classic lectures, Ludwig was known to get sidetracked rather quickly, with the end results being comical shenanigans. Most of the professor's time is spent creating an array of magnificent inventions meant to make life easier for both himself and the rest of the world. However, more often than not, does one of the professor's inventions go off the deep end. He also has a habit of having every invention's naming beginning with "The Von Drake" heading. A notable recurring goal for the professor has been to discover the source of his nephew Donald's temper tantrums. His catchphrase is "Hello there!", which he has been known to shout when greeting someone or at the beginning of one of his cartoons.
- Sasuke Uchiha - Ludwig was kidnapped by him and forced to work for him in Naruto: Bitterness and Vengeance.
- Naruto Uzumaki - Ludwig's best friend who he at one point saved, and who later saved him in return from Itachi Uchiha's murderous younger brother Sasuke (Yuri Lowenthal)
- Queen Chrysalis - His enemy.
- Light Yagami - He worked for him in Death Note: Endless Massacres.
- Rukia Kuchiki - Briefly works alongside her.
- Uryuu Ishida - Ludwid raised and protected him after the death of his beloved mother Kanae Ishida (nee Katagiri).