Little John is a bear who appears in Robin Hood. He is Robin's loyal sidekick who was voiced by Phil Harris (the same person who voiced Baloo in The Jungle Bookand Thomas O'Malley in The Aristocats). He serves as the secondary protagonist of the film.
Nothing is known regarding Little John's past. However, he is the best friend and sidekick to Robin Hood. Little John appears to be more cautious than Robin Hood and often reminds his friend of potential consequences of his plans. However, Little John is shown to be extremely loyal to his friend, going so far as to threatenPrince John when the tyrant sentences Robin to death for treason. When not participating in one of Robin's plans, Little John is shown to be fairly laid back, while also offering good advice to Robin.
Like Robin Hood, Little John is talented with disguises. His two disguises seen include a gypsy fortuneteller, and a Duke called Sir Reginald. He later impersonates the Sheriff of Nottingham. When fighting, he is seen using various weapons, including a quarterstaff, and a dagger. He appears to have
some familiarity with archery, as he is seen using one during the jail break sequence.
- Little John bares a lot of resemblance to Baloo in appearance, personality and voice since they are both voiced by Phil Harris. But Little John is smarter, more serious and more responsible than Baloo.
- Little John appears to share the same height and build with Sheriff of Nottingham.
- Little John may be considered a love interest to Lady Kluck because he saved her from Prince John's army and they shared a dance.
- He is shown to be a skilled fighter, since he punched the Sheriff with ease and defeated the Rhino guards.
- Little John is one of the most famous characters in Robin Hood.
- Eric Allan Kramer portrayed Little John in Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men in Tights.
- Disney WIkia