Little Jerry is a green Anything Muppet humanoid male with orange hair, pink nose and a shirt with the generic design on it. He is the lead singer of Little Jerry and the Monotones and has performed several songs on Sesame Street, including "Four," "Telephone Rock," and "Mad".
Little Jerry's original hippie apparel was exchanged in the 1980s for a white and black leather jacket and a chain necklace. In the band's comeback appearance in a 2000 episode, he also sports a pair of sun glasses.
Little Jerry is considered to be male, but in one Shalom Sesame sketch, in which an actress dubbed the character for "Proud," host Mandy Patinkin introduced the rocker as female: "Little Jeri (sic) is loud and proud, and why shouldn't she be?."
Little Jerry was named after his performer Jerry Nelson. Though on one occasion, Fran Brill performed him, while Nelson was performing Big Jeffy, in a sketch where Grover and the Monotones demonstrate the word "walk".
Jerry Nelson later talked about the character and his group in a 2009 interview:
"Little Jerry was Jeff Moss’ thing. I think deep in his heart he wrote that because he loves to sing bass. They were wonderful pieces. They were so much fun to do."
- Although Little Jerry usually appeared as a redhead, he had black hair in one sketch where Grover talked about the word "exit". Template:Eka
- A similar looking Green Anything Muppet bandleader (and drummer) sang "Spinning Wheel" during Sesame Street's first season. A background hippie closely resembling Little Jerry appeared in another first season sketch demonstrating "Forward" and "Backward." Template:First
- Rock & Roll! (1990)
- Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum (1974)
- The Sesame Street ABC Storybook (1974)
- Big Bird's Busy Book (1975)
- The Sesame Street Block Party Coloring Book (1977)
- The Sesame Street Dictionary (1980)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Muppet Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Fictional Characters Wiki, the text of Muppet Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|