Kyouko (きょうこ) is a fictional character in the River City Girls Zero.
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Blood Type: O (Unknown in Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu)
- Status: Alive
- Affiliation: Hanazono High School
- Year: Sophomore, Senior (River City Girls)
- Likes: Strong men
sophomore student of Hanazono High School and Riki's girlfriend. Her introduction to the Kunio-kun franchise was in Shin Nekketsu Kouha: Kunio-tachi no Banka, where she was one of the four main playable characters. A beautiful girl with a ponytail and a blue blazer, she is fully loyal to Riki and is his type of girl. Although younger than Riki, she keeps him on a tight leash with her firecracker personality. She is close friends with Misako of Nekketsu High School.
Chronologically, she is Riki's first girlfriend (Mami debuted first in Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari in 1989 while Kyouko's game is from 1994, but Kunio is a sophomore in Kunio-tachi no Banka and a senior in Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari).
Kyouko's debut appearance in the Kunio-kun franchise. She is waiting for Riki on the roof of Hanazono High School with Ryuta, who is holding her captive. Once Riki arrives, she stands aside so that he can beat the crap out of Ryuta. After his defeat, he reveals that Shinji was the one who ordered him to take control of Hanazono High School. Learning of this, Kyouko wishes to accompany Riki, Kunio and Misako to the amusement park where he is located to take revenge for forcing the Hanazono students to work for him.
Later in the story, she and Misako were both shot by Sabu, rendering them unplayable for the latter part of the game. They are taken to the hospital by Takayama, who later reveals to Kunio and Riki that both girls were out of harm's way after prevailing against the Sanwakai boss.
Kyouko, like Misako, moves and runs faster than both Kunio and Riki. She cannot be grabbed by enemies, but she cannot grab or sit on enemies. Her special techniques are the Mach Kick, the Screw Slap, and the Spinning Chop.
- Kyouko's rendition of the Mach Kick in Kunio-tachi no Banka bears a resemblance to the Hyakuretsukyaku (百裂脚 "Hundred Rending Legs"), one of Chun-Li's signature special attacks in the Street Fighter series. River City Girls further expands on this by making the move (Dragon Feet, like in River City Ransom) a literal Hyakuretsukyaku with a finishing kick, much like Chun-Li's Senretsukyaku (千裂脚 "Thousand Rending Legs"), one of her super combos.
- Her name has three different variations: Kyouko or Kyoko or Kyouko. Depending on the characters with which it is written, the name can have different meanings. In her case, it means City Girl or Girl from the Capital.
- The Student ID Card showcased in a limited physical release for River City Girls reveals that she is in her Senior year (18 years old).