|Line 59:||Line 59:|
Revision as of 12:46, 20 November 2015
"We can't focus on what's going wrong, there's always a way to turn things around."
- Joy, telling Sadness to have faith
Joy is the protagonist of the upcoming Pixar film Inside Out. She is one of the five emotions inside the mind of Riley Anderson. She is happy all the time and is the leader or enthusiast of the group, hence her name. She will be voiced by Amy Poehler.
Official Disney Bio
Joy's goal has always been to make sure Riley stays happy. She is lighthearted, optimistic and determined to find the fun in every situation. Joy sees challenges in Riley's life as opportunities, and the less happy moments as hiccups on the way back to something great. As long as Riley is happy, so is Joy.
- Joy / Yellow color (bright blue hair and a light chartreuse dress with an over-the-top vibe character).
- She glows when she's excited (blue light).
Role in the Film
Joy appears in the film as one of the five emotions in Riley Anderson's mind, she's the leader of the group.
When Riley was first born, she was the first ever emotion to be conjured up. She then walked towards the control panel, which consisted of only one button. The instant she pressed it, infant Riley began smiling. However, thirty-three seconds later, Riley began crying. Joy soon realizes that Sadness (the second emotion to come to Riley's mind) has arrived and has pressed the button. When Joy looks at her, Sadness introduces herself, and Joy awkwardly moves her aside to fix the situation.
She and the other emotions control Riley through her thoughts and mind. She seems to want to keep Riley happy and joyful and always has an important task for every emotion- except Sadness, who she mistreats (and the others do a little bit of the same). When the two get lost in Riley's mind, literally, they explore all of Riley's memories while trying to get home with help from Riley's old imaginary friend, Bing Bong.
Disney INFINITY 3.0
Joy is set to appear in Disney INFINITY's third installment as a playable character.
- According to Pete Docter, her appearance is based on that of a star.
- Joy is the second female protagonist in a Pixar movie, with the first being Merida.
- It is hinted so far, that Joy and Sadness may actually hate each other.
- There are several things that make Joy stand out from the other emotions:
- She's the only emotion not wearing shoes.
- She's the only emotion that glows.
- She's the only emotion whose hair and eye color isn't the same as her theme color.
- She's the only emotion not wearing pants.
- Despite being happy and jolly, she is mean to Sadness, because she doesn't want Riley being sad, even when she needs to be.
- Joy has a habit of talking to herself. This was shown when she was excited for Riley's first day of school.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Disney Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Muppet Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|