||105px]]||This article is a stub. You can help Fictional Characters Wiki by|
Gabriel Agreste, known as Hawk Moth is the main antagonist of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. He is the father of Adrien Agreste. While he is Hawk Moth, he create akumatized villains in multiple attempts to get Ladybug and Cat Noir's miraculous.
As a result, he wears a brooch known as the Butterfly Miraculous, which when worn grant Gabriel the ability to transform into Hawk Moth, his supervillian alias.
As the holder of a Miraculous, Gabriel is assisted by a small purple creature resembling a moth/butterfly called Nooroo, who is a magical being known as a Kwami. As Hawk Moth, Gabriel's signature ability is transmission.
- Corruption: Hawk Moth's special power, Akumatization, allows him to make anyone his devoted servant. But as he uses his powers for evil purposes, he needs a negative emotion to do so.
- Empathy: he can sense emotions even when he isn't transformed.
- Kwami control: while he isn't transformed, he has absolute control over Nooroo, only allowing him to be 3 feet away and forcing his mouth shut and opening it back up at will. This would practically make him like a sorcerer.
- Power bestowal: he can give his akumatized victims powers through the akumatized object.
- Power removal: he can also remove powers by recalling his victim's akuma.
- Telepathy: he is able to communicate with the ones he has akumatized.
- Bodily control: he can control and inflict pain onto his victims when they don't obey him.
- Cane recalling: in "Cat Blanc", he is revealed to be able to call back his cane whenever he loses it somewhere nearby.
- Nigh-invulnerability: he is almost invulnerable to any injury while transformed.
As the Collector
- Book imprisonment: he is able to trap anyone in his magic sketchbook.
- Boomerang throw: he throws his book like a boomerang.
- Illustration removal: he can erase anything trapped in his book, as with a chair.
- Weapon recalling: he can recall his book back telekinetically.
- Fashion design: he is very creative with his designs and claims the miraculous spellbook is the source of his inspiration.
- Business intuition: he manages his business by directing his employees.
- Bilingualism: he knows how to speak fluent Japanese.
Gabriel works as a fashion designer and has gotten inspiration from his own miraculous.