The puppet was to be used for a famous Theatre Magique puppet show about six damned mortals who are trapped in Hell. Vigo Garrison, a French puppeteer did the voice for him on stage.
They killed all of Toulon's friends and he avenged them by putting their souls into the puppets and bringing them to life.
Many years later, during the second World War, Toulon built another puppet called Tunneler. The name Tunneler may have been a homage to his original puppet.
Differences from the other Tunneler
There are big differences from the other Tunneler as they have a different design.
- This one is not painted as the other one has human skin color
- This Tunneler has angry white eyes as the other one had dark black eyes.
- This one has a brown sleeveless shirt and shorts and has no shoes as the other one has a military style outfit with paint and boots.
- His drill head seems to be larger than the other ones.
- His head was in Dr. Freuhoffer's lab in Puppet Master 9: Axis of Evil.
- Retro–Tunneler has a buzzsaw on his action figure, but he never use it in the movie.
- Puppet Master: The Legacy (Archival footage)
- Puppet Master X: Axis Rising (Head Only)