- Disgust is highly opinionated, extremely honest and prevents Riley from getting poisoned — both physically and socially. She keeps a careful eye on the people, places and things that Riley comes into contact with — whether that's broccoli or last year's fashion trend. Disgust always has the best of intentions and refuses to lower her standards.
Disgust is one of the five emotions controlling Riley's mind and helping her. When their leader, Joy and another emotion, Sadness, literally get lost in Riley's mind, she and the other emotions have to keep Riley's head on straight until Joy and Sadness get home. However, things go wrong sooner or later, they even decide to make Riley run away. She possibly belittles Sadness to a neutral degree due to her superficial teen attitude.
Disgust is set to appear in Disney INFINITY's third installment as a playable character. However, she will not be voiced by Mindy, as John Vignocchi explained that her agent said she was too busy.
- "I just saved our lives. Yeah, you're welcome."
- "We have a major problem."
- "Duh, tell me something I don't know."
- "That does it. I'm done."
- "On a scale of one to 10, I give this day an F."
- "Riley is acting so weird. Why is she acting so weird?"
- "Joy would know what to do."
- "Great idea. Anger, Fear, Disgust, how are we suppose to be happy?"
- (To Fear) "Uh, because I'm not Joy."
- "I'm done. You pretend to be Joy."
- "OK, caution. There is a dangerous smell, people.... hold on, what is that?"
- "The grape touched the ground. It's poisoned."
- "You know what else barely touches the ground? Stray dogs, toenail clippings, road kill, hippies, dung beetles...."
- "Ugh, Don't even go there.... You're evil.... Shut your mouth!"
- According to Pete Docter, her appearance is based on that of broccoli, which is what she, Riley, and the other emotions hate.
- In the first clips shown at the 2013 D23 Expo, Disgust wore a purple dress, had longer hair, and did not have long eyelashes.
- In one of the first concept drawings, Disgust was, in the planning stages, portrayed as a male character during production, but was later switched to a female character.
- The buckle on her waist belt is shaped like a "D" to represent the first letter in her name.