"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Allied to good, nightmare to you!"
- Goku to Frieza
A Protector of Innocence is a type of hero who is responsible for a "rise of innocence." A "rise of innocence" is when a apathetic and (usually) somewhat normal character is resolved to be noble in some way or similar; this often invokes great feelings of happiness by audiences and marks a common Noble Choice. It can also refer to an event that causes a positive effect in society, such as child protection and outright justice, which support our concepts of what people can do to each other.
A Protector of Innocence is a hero who effectively "protects" the innocence of a story, setting, or character, they are often especially gracious beings who change lives for the better and their heroics can never truly be reversed as it enhances the concept of "innocence," though some rarer examples do not fully know they are responsible for this occuring. Generally, these heroes tend to be Pure of heart.
A Protector of Innocence is the good opposite of a Destroyer of Innocence.
Examples of this type of hero are as follows:
- Any character who makes a speech to his community, friends, or family. (Many "Feminist" types fall into this category)
- Heroes who stand up to the enemy after the ones they deeply care about are harshly mistreated.
- Characters who profoundly take the place of an accused or mistreated person without hesitation.
- Heroes who step between the enemy and someone special.
- Heroes who admit the truth. (Princess Merida admitted that she was wrong about her ways.)
- A character who gives up their lives or personal wants for other people, even it involves great sacrifice. Examples of this are Minato Namikaze from Naruto and Piccolo from Dragonball Z.
- Heroes who stand up for their people.
- Characters who block the enemy's blow.
- Heroes who confess his love for another.
- Heroes who return to face something or someone, especially if their resolve is noble and beneficent in nature. (A good example would be Simba's resolve in The Lion King.)
All items (71)
- Randy Cunningham
- Raphael (TMNT 2012)
- Robert Toulon
- Rocko the Wallaby
- Rukia Kuchiki
- Sailor Jupiter
- Sailor Mercury
- Sailor Venus
- Samson (The Wild)
- Samurai Jack
- Shining Armor
- Son Goku
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Spike (My Little Pony)
- Straw Hat Pirates
- Sweetie Belle