"You know that conscience I don't have? It got to me."
A category between pure of hearts and anti hero.
These heroes usually are dishonest, selfish, sometimes violent, even delusional or crazy. However, they are somewhat aware of this, and still follow a moral code, or standards, to keep themselves to go too far and hurt innocent people. While they do many wrongs (even kills), they have shown many times that they can be kind to people they care about, and that they have a good heart despite their major flaws.
Sliding Scale of Characters
This wiki currently recognizes four different standards for a character's morality.
- The Pure of heart: Those who are above petty selfish behaviors and act entirely for the sake of others and are incorruptible in their pursuits.
- Outright Heroes: The standard hero model, not incorruptible and possibly even less than heroic on occasion but over all virtuous and true.
- Good Hearted Bastards: Those who may appear brash, selfish or uncaring but are beneath the surface caring and well intentioned heroes.
- Heroic Sociopaths: Those with no conscience or moral center incapable of functioning on a moral level but whom still assist the forces of good either for practical reasons or as a circumstance of story.
- We of course recognize several more types there in that may overlap but each of the above sum up overarching character and should not be entered lightly. Please note by it's nature no one can recover from being a sociopath if they can, they were never sociopaths in the first place. And while Pure of heart can be former villains they can not fall back into said habits willingly as by nature once Pure of heart a hero is incorruptible.
All items (29)